The Department of Physical Metallurgy and Materials Testing (Montanuniversität Leoben) in cooperation with the Austrian Society for Metallurgy and Materials (ASMET), the „Deutsche Gesellschaft für Materialkunde (DGM)“, will from 19 till 21 September 2018, host the 15th International Metallography Conference 2018 .
The conference focuses on the progress in metallography of metallic, ceramic, polymeric and composite materials as well as coatings featuring the following topics:
- Preparation methods for subsequent analysis with light optical microscope as well as high-resolution techniques
- Conventional microstructural characterization
- Materials characterization by high-resolution techniques
- Quantitative image analysis
- Tomography, and three-dimensional evaluation and analysis methods
- Microstructure and materials properties
- Phase transformations and precipitation processes
- Microstructure analysis for the assessment of failure
During the opening ceremony the Roland-Mitsche-Prize will be awarded for outstanding achievements in the field of metallography. The Buehler-Prize will be awarded on Thursday before the start of the morning session.
All participants of the metallography conference are invited to submit high-quality pictures for a special contest in the category "Heitere Metallographie". Please submit the pictures with a brief explanation. The evaluation of the pictures will take place by the conference participants during the conference. The best three pictures will be awarded during the social evening. The special prices are provided by the company ZEISS.
The conference will also host an exhibition of modern metallographic equipment.
The scientific part will be supplemented by a social program, consisting of a Welcome Reception at the Gösser Brauerei, a visit to the Gösseum and a social evening at the Congress Center “Altes Rathaus”.
On behalf of the organizers we wish a successful and productive conference in Leoben.
Prof. Dr. Helmut Clemens
Ass.Prof. Dr. Svea Mayer
OR Dr. Michael Panzenböck